Friday, October 3, 2008

Colorado National Monument


Our RV Park was right by the Colorado River. This is a view from our door.






John catching his breath after our 20 mile hike or was it 20 feet!!





































John and I went out to explore Fruita, Co. today. Not very far from our RV Park (between Fruita, Co. and Grand Junction, Co.) we discovered Colorado National Monument. What a site.







We decided to drive around it. We entranced on the west side at Fruita and departed the east end at Grand Junction. This is something to see, but once is enough for me. You could only drive 15 to 20 miles an hours (that was too fast for me). Took us a little over 2 hours. It had all kind of view points and the last one was called "cold shivers point". I took most of the pictures but John had to take the one's that were straight down. It also had trail's running through it. This place is AWESOME!!







1 comment:

{C} said...

It's beautiful, but I would have been scared too. Every time we have driven in the mountains - North Carolina and San Francisco - I have had to close my eyes and just let Chris drive and talk about the scenery... I just can't handle looking down the side of a mountain!